Recently I was looking for ways to improve my websites. One of the things I was searching for was "Mobile SEO".
The search results were remarkable.
Almost all articles from the top 10 search results state that a good score in Pagespeed Insights is extremely important. However, the Pagespeed Insights scores achieved were ridiculously bad.
That's why I wondered how important the speed of a mobile website really is.
This website "Mobile SEO Factors That Matters" is an experiment to find out.
The search for Mobile SEO
When I searched (January 11, 2021) for "mobile seo" I got these results from Google:
- An introduction to Mobile SEO | Smart Insights - Score: 12
- Mobile SEO: The Definitive Guide - Backlinko - Score: 25
- Mobile SEO — SEO Strategy 2021 - Moz - Score: 53
- Mobile SEO Guide: 9 Ways to Optimize for Mobile-Friendly SEO - Score: 79
- The DIY Mobile SEO Guide: How to Be Mobile-First in 2021 - Score: 37
- Mobile SEO: The ultimate guide • Yoast - Score: 43
- An Introduction to Mobile SEO - Search Engine Journal - Score: 53
- A Definitive Guide to Mobile SEO - Search Engine Journal - Score: 69
- Wat is Mobile SEO (mobiele SEO)? | LEQUAL - Score: 53
- What is Mobile SEO and How Does it Differ from Desktop? - Score: 13
Note that the Pagespeed Insights score is mentioned after the title of the article.
Looking at the page speed insights score, the results are shocking. The main findings are:
- Number one has the lowest score of all search results
- 5 out of 10 scores are classified as "Poor"
- 5 out of 10 scores are classified as "Needs improvement"
Note that this classification is the classification of the Lighthouse performance scoring.
All the websites mentioned above pass Google's Mobile-Friendly Test.
Room for improvement
I am used to creating mobile friendly websites which are classified as "Good".
That would mean that if I created a mobile SEO website which will be classified as "Good", I would soon be #1 in the search results.
This thought has resulted in this website. The result speaks for itself.